Action Tower-Defense game, Hell Warders hits Indiegogo and lets donors get instant access to its Closed Beta
You and four friends can play the game right now.
Hell Warders is an upcoming Action Tower Defense game that’s getting ready to go into the Steam Early Access program. In order to help development move along more smoothly, developer Ares Games launched an Indiegogo campaign, with its featured Tier offering donors four beta keys to give out to friends. Hell Warders is a fantasy game where you and four other players are tasked with defending Central Nexus points by gathering and deploying minion troops, barricades, and the like, and by utilizing your champion’s unique skill set.
Players are given a preparation phase to gather available defenders, which can be anything from archers to barricaded Spearman, or even a flock of crows that can cause area effect damage. Once the battle begins, players can still gather new defenders that gradually drop throughout the match, although Hell Warders incorporates a small timed mini-game, where players must time a button prompt at the right moment to deploy the unit, adding an enhanced element of pressure.
Here is the official feature list for Hell Warders, courtesy of an official press release.
- Action Tower Defense Mayhem – Heroes can unleash devastating abilities and deploy strategic towers in this new defense subgenre.
- 4 Player Co-op– Combine forces and battle the legions of evil! Hell Warders supports cooperative play with friends or other fellow Warders online.
- Multiple Playable Classes– Choose from a roster of diverse heroes, each with unique skills and abilities.
- Dynamic Maps – Dodge flowing lava or fly on a giant spinning fan! Every map in Hell Warders is dynamic and opens up a ton of different strategies.
- Epic Enemies – From giant earth-shattering Wurms to magic wielding Lyches, there is no telling what else lies beyond the gates of hell.
The Hell Warders closed beta is officially on right now and will run until May 24th. At the conclusion of the Indiegogo campaign, Hell Warders will launch into Steam Early Access sometime in June and will remain there for about three months until the game is ready to release in full.
There is currently no final release date on the horizon for Hell Warders, likely due to the uncertain nature of Early Access runs, and the potential for delays. But for now, if you’re interested, head on over to the Hell Warders Indiegogo campaign, and give it a look-see. Indies can always use the help.